Anyone tried the OverEZ Chicken Coop? Looking for reviews!

Seeking Insights on OverEZ Chicken Coops

I’ve been researching different chicken housing options for a while, and I keep coming across the OverEZ chicken coop. Before I make a decision, I thought it would be great to gather some firsthand experiences and reviews from fellow poultry enthusiasts.

Overview of OverEZ Coops

The OverEZ chicken coop claims to offer sturdiness and ease of assembly, which are two major selling points I’ve noticed. Here are some specific aspects I’m curious about:

• Quality of Materials: Are the coops built to last? How do they hold up against different weather conditions?
  • Assembly Experience: For those who have put one together, how complicated is the assembly process? Any tips?
  • Space and Comfort for Chickens: Do you think the coops provide enough space for a specific number of chickens? I want to ensure my flock is comfortable.
  • Maintenance: What’s it like cleaning and maintaining these coops? Any insights on their design that makes it easier or more challenging?
  • Value for Money: Given the price point, do you think they offer good value compared to other options?

Comparative Analysis

I’ve seen some other brands pop up during my search. If you’ve had any experience with coops like the Eglu or even DIY options, how do they compare?

General Feedback

Please feel free to share your thoughts, whether you own an OverEZ coop or have done extensive research. I’m particularly interested in positive experiences as well as any challenges you faced. Your feedback will be incredibly helpful in my decision-making process!

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

I purchased the OverEZ Chicken Coop last summer and it was super easy to assemble. Took me about an hour, and I did it alone! It’s spacious and my chickens love it.

Sounds great! How many chickens do you have, and do they seem comfortable in there?

I have about 6 chickens, and they seem very happy! The coop is spacious enough for them to roam. Plus, it’s great looking in the yard!

I’ve read mixed reviews about the doors. How easy are they to open and close? I’m worried about security.

I agree with Martin; doors can be tricky. However, once I adjusted them, they work fine. Just a minor adjustment needed.

1 Like

I haven’t had the door issues, but I secured mine well with locks for added safety.

7 Likes

I’ve had my coop for about six months now and love the overall build quality. Very sturdy! My chickens are thriving.

That’s awesome! Are there any tips you can share on maintaining it?

Cleaning is key! I just use a shovel every couple of weeks and it’s been manageable. A good coop keeps everyone happy!

I’m considering getting one, but I’m worried about price versus quality. Is it worth it?

Absolutely, I think it’s worth it. The quality and ease of use really stand out! Plus, my chickens have more space compared to my old coop.

1 Like

Good to hear! Are there any features you particularly love?

I love the nesting boxes! Very spacious, and my hens appreciate them. Helps with egg-laying too. Definitely a good design choice.

I just bought mine last week, so I can’t speak much yet. Assembly seemed straightforward, though! Hope my experience is as good as yours.

Don’t worry! You’ll love it! Just take your time with the assembly, and don’t rush it. That usually leads to mistakes.

I recently purchased the OverEZ Chicken Coop, and I must say, it’s impressive! The price is a bit higher than some others, but the durability and features justify the cost. Highly recommend it!

8 Likes

That’s great to hear, bbridges! I was considering upgrading my old coop, but how does OverEZ compare to something like the Chicken Shack?

I have the Chicken Shack, and while it’s decent, the OverEZ definitely has better insulation and space! I noticed my chickens prefer it over the Chicken Shack’s cramped quarters.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Does anyone know about the assembly process for the OverEZ? I’ve heard other brands can be quite a hassle.